Introduction: UV Curable Peeling Coatings
UV_Peelmask is an economical one component, UV cure masking resin that simplifies your process by offering fast, reliable protection for your parts. No measuring or special mixing required.
UV Light curing material UV_PeelMask from General Chemical offers tremendous benefits to thousand of companies worldwide to assemble and protect their parts. Some of this industries are Aerospace, Appliance, Automotive, Electronics, General Industrial, Medical Equipment, optical, Telecom and others.
The widely used traditional masking products in today’s masking( temporary protection) application include lacquers, tapes, waxes and reusable boots and plugs. These masking products are not generally expensive but masking process itself can significantly increase cost to product protection operations. The longer it takes to apply and remove these traditional masking materials, the higher the cost of masking processes can be expected. Labor is major contributing factor to cost other hidden costs are also associated with using these traditional surface protection materials. To overcome these problems, General Chemical Corp. has developed new UV curable temporary masking products as a solution.
1. Can it be applied over UV finishes. Yes providing the finishes are fully cross linked.
2. Product Specifications –
- Pot Life – Minimum 6 months providing product kept in darkness. Our UV coatings are one package coatings.
- Application in roll coaters – May be suitable at this viscosity however we can increase viscosity if necessary to accommodate.
3. Energy Required for curing : our laboratory testing is done using:
- Wave spectrum – 200 – 400 nanometer wavelengths
- Power requirements and line speed – 300 watt mercury bulb at 25 feet per minute.
4. Cost per square foot – per square foot based on 5 mil application.
5. Thicknesses that can be applied and the requirements for cure – 5 mils for optimum peelability.
6. Chemical Toxicity (MSDS) – 100% non-volatile
7. Adherence (tack) level to other coatings. Dependant upon coating or substrate. We formulate for various applications.
8. Viability in extreme conditions (sub-zero to 120? F conditions with humidity) – No problem.
9. Supply Availability: local distribution and volume needs. We manufacture and distribute directly from our plant in Detroit, MI. We can accommodate volumes of quart and gallon trial size, 5 gallon pails, 55 gallon drums.