Introduction: RC Model Liquid Masking Film, Model Masking Materials
RC_Model Liquid Peelable mask Film for designed to replace tape with liquid for all masking projects.
Tight radius curves can be easily made even on curved surfaces. Leaves sharp clean lines. Can be sprayed brushed or rolled. For use on RC model aircraft, boats, trains and cars.
General Chemical’s Automotive strippable coatings dry to form a contour-hugging skin-tight protective film. RC Model Hobbyists customers and others recognized the value of protecting substrates during fabrication, assembly and shipment. The tough General Chemical’s Peelable coating clear film is still the best method of preventing scratches and abrasions and strips cleanly away from the surface leaving no residue. It will also act as a masking against paint overspray.
Strippable coating to mask and protect the finish when applying trim colors, letters, insignias, etc. on RC Scale model aircraft, boats, cars and trains.
Description: Model Mask is like masking tape in a bottle. Just apply it with a brush or spray, let it dry, and cut it to any shape you want with a sharp-pointed knife. Peel out the part where you want to paint, leaving an outer stencil mask, and paint with the method of your choice.
Unlike others, Model Mask dry film is water resistant and you can use water or solvent based paint. You can paint the finest detail you can cut with a knife. Unlike masking tape that can allow paint to go under it, even the most difficult designs come out sharp and clean with Model Mask.
- Results in a reduction of labor costs.
- Once cured, it provides an extremely tough, uniform film.
- Curing time can be cut considerably with the use heat lamps (100°F), circulation of air and other factors.
- Easily removed…peels off in sheets which eliminates messy hand scrapping
- Safe…non flammable
- Suitable for all substrates including polycarbonates, plastic and painted surfaces
- Replaces tape on complicated masking jobs
- Masks any non-porous finish or surface
- Leaves sharp, clean paint lines
- Can be sprayed, brushed or rolled on
- Dries in 1 to 2 hours
- Drying can be accelerated with warm air
- Trim design may be drawn on LMF when dry with a ball point pen
- Score with a new hobby knife and peel off areas to be painted (thin areas won’t peel)
Clay Modeling Concept Cars
Description: The General Chemical’s temporary protective coatings are water borne non-toxic and non-hazardous products which is applied by lamb’s wool roller. It peels away cleanly leaving no residue and will not damage plastics or painted surfaces.
General Chemical strippable coating is also used to protect heavy traffic areas and sensitive surfaces against staining and abrasion during construction, storage and transport. Simply roll on and peel off on completion. The tough film is weather-resistant, UV and solvent resistant.
Stripcoat 4490AL is solvent based Bright Silver Peelable coating for prototypes in engineering design on clay models and other substrates so the flaws can be found easier. 4490AL is Automotive Peelable masks an international standard for designing prototypes such as cars during designing and manufacturing process.
The two main reasons for masking a RC Scale model.
1. Painting. Sometimes it is necessary to apply a multi-colored pattern or paint scheme onto a model. By carefully cutting out patterns from your masking material, templates can be created and used to apply a multitude of designs to your model. By applying additional masks over previously masked off areas, some pretty spectacular painting results can be achieved.
2. Scribing or rescribing panel lines. Although the process of removing the existing raised panel lines, accurately drawing them back in with a pencil and rescribing them can be a timely one, the results are often worth it to many, especially since it is much easier to weather panel lines that are recessed and not raised.
Drying Time: It is critical that Our Peelable coating film is allowed to cure dry. Drying time will vary according to humidity, temperature and weather condition. The evaporation of water will be speeded by air movement and warmth supplied by natural and mechanical means.
Process: Our Peelable coatings once completely dry are resistant to water and solvent and acts as a mask against sprayed emulsion paints, lacquers, oil or grease and water.
Removal: The dry Our Peelable coatings strippable coating film can be easily removed either by hand stripping or other means. Our Peelable coatings are thermoplastic. Do not try to remove in freezing conditions. Our Peelable coatings becomes brittle in freezing condition.