Stripaway 5140 is a water based, water resistant peelable coating for rental equipments. Home Builders: Stripaway 5140 offers various applications to temporarily protect surfaces from exterior and interior environments. Stripaway 5140 prevents damage and scratches on surfaces including glass.
- Results in a reduction of labor costs by reducing the application time.
- Once cured, provides an extremely tough, uniform film thickness.
- Curing time can be cut in half with the use of increasing temperatures up to 130ºF.
- Easily removed…peels off in sheets which eliminates messy hand scrapping.
- Safe…non flammable.
- Formulated for sag control on vertical surfaces.
During removal, water hose-down type coatings will oftentimes be mixed into the paint spray booth water compound system. 5140 peelalbe coating is normally compatible with this kind of system.
Stripaway 5140 is uniquely formulated excluding ingredients that are deleterious to the painting process (such as silicones) or the water washes system (such as foam generation or stabilizing ingredients).
– When applying 5140, use the same protection as used while applying paint. The booth ventilation system should be operating while the material is being sprayed.
– Chemical goggles and impervious gloves should be worn when handling or mixing.
– Use of non-sparking metal is advised to scrape or spud to remove Stripawaying to avoid fire hazard from accumulated paint.