PeelKleer, a protective peelable mask for is easy to apply. Brushes can be cleaned with soap and water. PeelKleer , a protective peelable mask for door, is normally used as received, it can be applied by air or airless spray, roll coating, or brushing. Apply product evenly to produce a dry film thickness of approximately 7-10 mils or wet film thickness of 14 to 20 mils.. Drying time is dependent on temperature. At 70?F, product will dry in approximately 24 hours. You can enhance drying time by air movement and other suitable means.
Procedure for General Chemical Corporation PeelKleer 1850, used to create a temporary peel away protective coating for glass and wood table tops, developed with â€œTo The Tradeâ€ furniture dealer and showroom.
Procedure: (Actual procedure used and written by Furniture Showroom)
Procedure for General Chemical Corporation PeelKleer 1850, used to create a temporary peel away protective coating for glass and wood table tops, developed by Design Center Associates. Design Center Associates is a â€œTo The Tradeâ€ furniture dealer and showroom.
Prepare glass or wood
Clean surface thoroughly. Remove any scratches, dirt, dust and debris.
Use masking tape around entire edge of surface to create a barrier that will contain product to surface top and prevent dripping.
Product: Peelkleer 1850
Application Apparatus: Central Pneumatic Touch-up Spray Gun #93974 with compressor at 40 psi. or similar.
Spray entire surface with product. One coat should be sufficient. Repeat two to three times if heavy usage is anticipated. Do not allow product to dry in-between layers. Product will turn frosty white before drying crystal clear. Product will be bumpy and pitted before drying to a smooth surface.
Apply at room temperature of 75 degrees or above to facilitate quick dry which will help prevent particulate matter from adhering to wet film. Drying time is approximately 2 hours.
Coating peals away in one piece when no longer needed.
Five ounces of solution will cover a surface of approximately 36â€x48â€.
NOTE: makes no guarantee on this productâ€™s performance and will not be held responsible for any damages.
Renovation: Apply to glass that is to remain ‘in situ’, to give excellent protection during the course of showroom handling.
Can PeelKleer strippable coating be sprayed?
Yes, you can spray it. Preferred method is roll or brush on which helps control necessary film thickness to facilitate its removal. Spray method can cause feather edges and the peelable coating film becomes difficult to remove.
- Apply only with rollers. The use of other methods may apply the product too thinly causing the product to be difficult to peel off.
Do not apply the product: in rain or when the temperature is below 40F ( 3?C)
- Do not remove the product: Until fully cured – generally 4-24 hours depending upon temperature and airflow. Product can remain in situ for up to 12 months in temperature below 32F (0?C) With any sharp implements. Simply peel off from one corner.
- If the product is to be applied to framework, aluminum or PVC once ‘touch dry’, apply a second coat; do not coat handles or locking mechanisms . Do not coat where there is likelihood a vent/door may be opened.
- Do not store the product where it may freeze.
- Ideally, apply towards the end of a working day.
- When trained, an applicator should, dependant on site conditions, be able to cover between 270â€“ 540 sq Ft (25-50m2) per hour.
- Immediately Wash out rollers and all other equipment with clean water after use.
- Any unused volume of product left in the roller tray may be returned to the storage drum providing it has not begun to set.
- Ensure all opened drums are resealed when not in use and during transportation.
- Has a shelf life in excess of 12 months when unopened and keep the container closed when not in use.
One liter of Peelable coating applied with the roller will cover 65-86 sq Ft (6-8m2) of glazing.
Patch Test: Because it is difficult to determine the type of substrate of the furniture such as type of acrylic ,perform a small test first. This will determine peelKleer effectiveness, coverage, and the approximate amount of time required for it to work.
IMPORTANT: do not use ‘off the shelf’ general decorating rollers; these may not apply the product at the correct consistency.
Removal: PeelKleer can be removed by peeling. will turn white when wet but it will not come off unless peeled. PeelKleer water resistant when it is dry film.
Safety & Handling: Avoid breathing vapors/mists that occur during spraying. Wear a painter’s mask or other suitable respiratory device when applying this product. Avoid skin and eye contact. Do not allow product to freeze. Keep container closed when not in use. Store in a clean dry area with a minimum temperature of 50?F.
Flammability: Water Resistant presents no fire hazard as received, during, or after application. PeelKleer is non-flammable in liquid or dry state.
Disposal: Protective Peelable coating is disposed like paint films ad other solid materials.
Packaging: PeelKleer 2810 is available in 1gallon,5 gallon,55 gallon & 110 gal/220 gal disposable tote tanks. Totes feature an inner bladder that collapses as product is dispensed, ensuring that all product is usable over the life of the container in service.
Also available in different colors for additional costs.
When applying, use the same protection as used while applying paint.
First Time Application: Cleaning of equipment: Clean immediately with water after use.